Friday, January 7, 2011

A BREAK FROM REALITY


My entry post to this blog was January 6, a day after I have watched JULIE & JULIA,a movie based on two true stories of Julie Powell, a then officeworker turned writer and Julia Child, a world-renowned cookbook author.

Both women loves to cook, both woman wanted to do something for themselves aside from office work and being a housewife, in short cooking was a break from their reality. 
This movie and their stories moved me, inspired me.

After more than 3 years of being a fulltime housewife depression started to come, I drink once in a while to uplift my emotion. My daily routine -wake up early, cook the breakfast, assist the kids and husband for their daily needs. Once your alone in the house, while everybody tended to their personal activities- school for the kids, business/work for the husband, I start cleaning the house and then after a few hours, start preparing/cooking the food for dinner.

I was so excited at first when I took a break and became a full-time housewife, I have been a working mom for quite a long time and being a house wife is quite the opposite of the daily routine back when I was a working mom. Like working in an office I start organizing things, arranging/cleaning things the way I wanted to. I have a small notebook, a corkboard, a whiteboard to list down everything that I have done, going to do and other future plan for the house.

Two years passed I realized suddenly that I have too many house helps. Currently, I’m now at home doing a lot of things in the house so I decided before end of 2010 to just maintain the house help doing the laundry. I decided to start 2011 by helping my husband in our house budget although I am not contributing any income in the family which are by cutting some expenses and divert the extra house allowance to more important things that the family needs.

After three years I was able to establish a SYSTEM in our household chores. I included my kids in helping me fulfilling all the house chores. IT WORKS, my KIDS learned to be more independent and responsible and I am very proud of them. Living in a condo on their own a year ago had been their training ground, and from that it was now so easy to practice it at home. They do not depend anymore with our house help. Everyone have their own responsibility and chores in the house, including fixing their personal things.

And now I have more time for myself. Then I asked myself WHAT WILL I DO? Came the movie JULIE & JULIA. I love to cook, I love to read although I am not a writer, and I could say I am not very good with English language but I am not dumb either, so, why not try to do a blog?  With the initial blog I posted, I receive a lot of encouragement and advice; I received personal calls from friends who really encouraged me on doing it. Most of all my daughter, who’s been so active in fashion blog, also supported me all the way.
Again this blog was created because of my love for food, my love for cooking, and my love for sharing/talking to my friends. Despite of long distance and busy schedule is impossible for us to see each other regularly; this blog will become a tool of sharing with you my life.

This is a way of giving myself a little “ME TIME”, to be recharged and to be refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment