Tuesday, August 20, 2013

COMFORT FOOD during bad weather

I love to cook comfort food specially during bad weather. Class suspension since Monday August 19, extended until August 20 and now its a National Holiday in memory of Ninoy Aquino,so, the kids were all at home. I am not happy because there's no classes, but for me its a blessing indeed because on a regular school days the kids are not at home, and because of the bad weather declaration of class suspension makes them stay at home and be with our very special visitor who will be at our place until August 22.


                                             
                      The Face of Christ (Our special guest August 19-22)


When I want comfort food I will make sea foods, vegetables, and rice. The ritual of it is fun for me, and the creativity of it.

                                    
                                                           Seafoods Sinigang

For a more flavorful sinigang,  I used bayabas (guava) as my souring agent, it was very delicious and instead of kangkong I used MALUNGGAY leaves.


                  Deep-fried squash flowers with ground beef 
                       with Hoisin Sauce as dipping sauce



Squash flowers may sound foreign ingredients to some, but its available in all palengke (wet market) around your place. For the filling I used ground beef and the usual ingredients I am using in making hamburger - worcestershire sauce, black pepper, brown sugar, salt. Then I deep-fried it with tempura batter.


Magandang Umaga Po!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment