Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Healthy FAST-FOOD on a Budget


"To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art."
- La Rochefoucauld 

"Those who think they have no time for healthy eating will sooner or later have to find time for illness."
- modified from : Edward Stanley (1826-1893) from The Conduct of Life 

“Prepared and fast foods have given us the time and freedom to see cooking as an art form - a form of creative expression.”

Jeff Smith 'The Frugal Gourmet Keeps the Feast' (1995)




Friday is a hectic schedule for me. After my kids class -from our place in GH were I am staying 5 days a week I will pick up my youngest daughter in OB in Greenhills, Manila then my only son at LSGH in Mandaluyong, City and then my other daughter at DLSU Taft, Manila,  then going home in Meycauayan, Bulacan is my regular Friday activity. I usually arrived late afternoon, with all the traffic in Manila it was really a taxi driver type of driving which all I can do to survive Manila's traffic.

Back to my kitchen at home is HEAVEN.

We usually eat light during dinner, I just cooked or prepared food whatever I could find inside my refrigerator and serve it quickly.  This time I will prepare a light dinner for the family:

-Creamy squash and sweet potato soup
- Tomato Baguette with Tuna
-Assorted green veggies with Mixed berries mustard dressing

I have few pieces of leftover ingredients(PINAKBET) - sweet potato and squash which I will use for my creamy soup

mashed sweet potato and squash

My friendly CAMPBELL canned products is always present in my kitchen pantry and this will be my soup based for my squash/sweet potato soup



Leftover baguette bread from Antonio's

Tomato BAguete with Tuna(Century Tuna)

 
OUR DINNER
Assorted green veggies with Antonio's Mixed berries mustard dressing

 
OUR DINNER
Sweet Potato/Squash Creamy Soup and Tomato Baguette with Tuna


I always got a tremendous pleasure out of my kitchen, for me cooking and preparing food for my family and friends is not hard work. It is where I releases my creativity and imagination just like a painter to his painting.


Magandang Umaga Po!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment